Howard Johnson Hotel - Review about Howard Johnson Express Inn Leavenworth from Kent, Washington

We arrived august 20th in Leavenworth, WA. The receptionist was unfriendly but got us squared away in pet friendly room 213.

Upon opening the room door we were greeted with kennel smell. Our dog was obsessed with smelling the bed skirt which led me to assume that is the culprit - many times peed on by male dogs and never washed.

There was no SHOWER CURTAIN AT ALL. When we asked the front desk if we should have one they just handed us one! As if im responsible for hanging it in my own room?!

Last evening my son and i were out walking the dog. My son was running his hand along the top fence rail as we walked. He all of a sudden got an electrical shock. There apparently had been a light fixture at the end of the rail (it was dark out and the rail is black). Upon closer inspection the fixture was removed and wires were exposed. I called the front office and explained the issue. They acted like it was no big deal. I then called 911 after 30 minutes and nothing was done.

They handled the issue. At that point the front desk called and with an amazingly friendly attitude advised they had their electrician fix the problem.

Would not stay at ANY HJ AGAIN EVER. Between the smell, rudeness, and potential life-threatening hazards its a no-brainer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Howard Johnson Express Inn Leavenworth
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #687334

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Howard Johnson Hotel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 22, 2015 #1023200

I was just there at one in Roanoke Virginia. Smelled nasty. Looked runned down. So called full breakfast ; the "juice" was not real, the so call attendent was also the front desk clerk who made eberyone wait to replenish the coffee, cereal etc. We took one look around and decided to pay for waffles at the waffle house just a few yards away.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.